FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Each participant receives the following:
- Commemorative Event T-Shirt and Matching Mask: 2021 Fool’s Day 5k race shirt and a matching mask will be included for the first 250 runners.
- Pair of Novelty Glasses: A traditional pair of novelty glasses to wear during the race and keep as a fun souvenir.
- Entry in the Flickin’ Chicken Contest: Toss a traditional rubber chicken in the Flickin’ Chicken contest for a chance to win exciting prizes.
- Race Bib and Timing Chip: Professional race timing on a sanctioned 5k course with posted results.
- On Course and Pre/Post Race Refreshments: Two water stations along the route with unlimited access to pre and post-race refreshments. Participants 21 years of age and older can enjoy a post-race cold beer provide by Sailfish Brewing Company at the beer station.
- Goody Bag: No event is complete without one! You’ll find surprise goodies including exclusive offers at local businesses and fun freebies from our sponsors.
Your registration fee provides the crucial fuel needed to fund programs at our St. Lucie UP Center. While we are not able to issue refunds, please reach out to us to transfer your registration to a friend or family member who can participate in your place.
Yes, the route is sanctioned and has been officially measured at 3.1 miles using the shortest distance traveled.
Yes, the race is professionally timed by Southern Timing, LLC. You will be issued a chip to track your individual time.
The race starts and finishes at Causeway Cove marina on Seaway Drive, which sits on the beautiful St. Lucie River. The first mile takes you around the marina, west across the picturesque South Causeway (A1A) Bridge, then a quick loop near the River Walk Center for a swift transition eastward back over the South Causeway Bridge back to Causeway Cove Marina. It’s a smooth and stunning route, sure to be filled with the night sky and twinkling lights on and off the water.
Early packet pick-up is encouraged, and available on Friday, March 26 from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Sailfish Brewing Company, located at 30 N 2nd St, Fort Pierce, FL 34950. Your race packet includes your race t-shirt(s), pair of novelty glasses, runner goody bag and race bib/timing chip.
To make things easier, you may also sign for and pick up packets on behalf of your friends and family. If you need to pick up your packet on race day, please plan to arrive before 7:30 a.m.
Of course! We are excited to have athletes and families of all skill levels participate. For everyone’s safety, we ask that you please plan to start at the back of the group and leave room for others to pass. Look for the “Walkers Line Up Here” sign at the start line.
Absolutely! For everyone’s safety, we ask that you please plan to start at the back of the group and leave room for others to pass.
If you can wear the glasses we encourage you to do so! We understand with a mask this might be difficult, so do what feels best to you! Just know we will consider you a true Blessing in Disguise even without the glasses.
We love dogs, and would love to see them rocking a pair of Groucho glasses on race day! Dogs are welcome to participate as long as they are on a leash and start at the back of the lineup. Please be sure to pick-up after them during the race and pre/post-race activities.
No, there will not be an official bag check available. Please only bring the essentials and leave all valuables at home.
Florida weather can be unpredictable, but the show must go on! The race will take place rain or shine.
The goal of the Fool’s Day 5k is to raise funds and awareness for United Against Poverty of St. Lucie County, which exists to inspire and empower people living in poverty to lift themselves and their families to economic self-sufficiency.
100% of the funds raised from registrations and sponsorships will all directly benefit the mission of United Against Poverty of St. Lucie County. Here’s your chance to join friends and neighbors in making a meaningful impact in our community while taking part in an unforgettable 5k!
Thank you for your interest in become a sponsor! Please click here for our sponsorship packet which details the opportunities available.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
Each runner will receive a custom Fools Day 5K participant medal after completing the race. Trophies will be awarded to the top three overall male and female finishers.